Vectorworks Architect Course Agenda
Designed as a natural follow on to the Foundation Course or as a refresher to those who have been using Vectorworks Architect for some time, this three day course will cover the key tools and facilities provided to Architects and Interior Architects. Many will have been working purely in 2D and want to make more of the investment they have made in such a powerful tool.
Take a detailed look at
- Drawing and building model setup
- Building structure, including walls, slabs, doors and windows
- Stairs, roofs and other structural elements.
- Detail walls as appropriate so that plans and sections can be created as well as "live" elevations.
- Make your drawings come to life with the hybrid 2D/3D tools, and extensive library objects.
- Find out how to create plans, elevations, sections and perspective views - all from the same model.
- Basic scheduling of elements such as doors and windows.
- The course covers the basic elements of rendering with Renderworks, but follow on training could include a detailed look at 3D Modelling and Rendering with Renderworks or CINEMA 4D.
Working with Vectorworks Architect using the methods covered in this course will lead you towards working in a BIM (Building Information Modelling) manner, producing models that are compliant with IFC and can be viewed with an iFC viewer such as Solibri model viewer.
Course includes tea, coffee, snacks and a full course manual. Student rates are available.
Register for the Vectorworks Architect Course
Does your practice need to find out more about BIM?
On 31 May 2011, the UK Cabinet Office published its construction strategy. By 2016, it is the intention to require collaborative 3D BIM (with all project and asset information, documentation and data being electronic) on its projects. What does that mean for your practice?
Design Software Solutions is able to offer a CPD event that will dispell some of the myths around BIM (Building Information Modelling and provide a workshop to examine how your practice might make the move towards BIM.
Contact us to find out more about this RIBA accredited CPD event.